[flashrom] NetBSD ARM static version

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Sun Feb 5 18:04:16 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 09:58:24AM +0400, Donnie Lee wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have Marvell ARM SoC board with NetBSD 4 inside. I can't compile
> flashrom natively on it, can only copy binaries. Please help with
> instruction how to cross-compile it from NetBSD 4 i386 or Mac OS
> x86_64. Or, if someone can upload static flashrom binary for NetBSD4
> ARM, it will be even better. Thanks in advance.

Flashrom's ARM support isn't there yet.  I compiled a NetBSD-4 flashrom
binary, but I had to rip various parts out to make it compile, and once
it did compile, I was unable to mmap /dev/mem properly (on
NetBSD-current on Marvell Orion w/ NOR flash).

I'd recommend using UBoot's built-in flash commands at this point.

	Jonathan Kollasch