[flashrom] testing DELL Dimension 4100

Bertho Grandpied y31415926536 at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 30 20:23:07 CET 2012

--- On Sunday, Dec. 30, Stefan Tauner wrote :
> if you find out something useful and/or generic i am happy
> to integrate it...

Still not a priority, but with the help of system scanning utilities (viz. Everest, Aida) I have uncovered tasty motherboard details which, I think, might be useful : this DELL has in fact an Intel "Easton" D815EEA mobo; quick web searches reveal pertinent chipset details,

+ Intel 82815 GMCH (i.e. the North bridge)
+ Intel 82801BA (the Southbridge and more),
+ I82802AB Firmware hub.

If I am not mistaken, the latter - FWH - would be the responsible component for the flashing process. Can this knowledge help make Flashrom access the BIOS ? At least in read mode, since we know it won't write without further enabling sauce - do we have the recipe for this 'Intel inside' rig ?

Regards

--
Czerno