[flashrom] Intel D945GCNL Success

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 25 09:56:17 CET 2012

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:48:58 -0500
Justin Chevrier <jchevrier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Stefan Tauner <
> stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:30:26 -0500
> > Justin Chevrier <jchevrier at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Attached is a successful write (after erasing the contents of the flash)
> > on
> > > the board listed in the subject. I'm running the original rev 10 BIOS
> > > (5/23/2007) on this board, not sure if a newer version of the BIOS on
> > this
> > > board corrects the 'Unknown' chassis type or not. Unfortunately I haven't
> > > been able to investigate as Intel's site only has '.bio' files that don't
> > > match the flash size. I've tried a few things (eg. Intel2AMI) to extract
> > > the true flash file but haven't had any success. Any thoughts on this, or
> > > am I stuck with the Intel tools?
> > >
> > > As always thanks for the great tool!
> >
> > Thanks for the report! I'll add the board to our list of supported
> > boards. If you could send us the output of 'lspci -nnv' too I can
> > whitelist it regarding the chassis type problem too.
> >
> 'lspci -nnv' is attached.

Thanks, I have added the following line to the table in board_enable.c
in case you want to test/use it (because I will not commit it
immediately).
	{0x8086, 0x27b8, 0x8086, 0xd606,  0x8086, 0x2770, 0x8086, 0xd606, "^D945GCNL$", NULL, NULL,           P2, "Intel",       "D945GCNL",              0,   OK, p2_not_a_laptop},