[flashrom] IBM Aptiva, SiS 5595 - success (read)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 24 22:25:21 CET 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:28:32 +0000 (GMT)
Bertho Grandpied <y31415926536 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello flashrom List !
>
> This is reporting success reading (dumping) the ROM BIOS on my IBM Aptiva 2170-G (actually an ACER V75-M motherboard). This MoBo has the SiS 5595 southbridge, which per flashrom issued warning had been untested.
>
> I have /not/ tried to write or erase, sorry; though have little doubts those operations would succeed similarly.
>
> Many thanks go to the developers!

Hello Bertho and thanks for your report.
Read tests are mostly pointless in general, even more without a log. If
it is not too much of a hassle please send us the output of flashrom -p
internal -V (which only probes for the flash chip). I do fully
understand your refusal to test writing (but I am not so sure about its
probability of success. Many boards needs a bit of extra effort to
disable write protections).