[flashrom] flashrom 9.6 read error

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 30 08:15:47 CEST 2012

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 03:05:03 +0000
<jayasree.chakravarthy at wipro.com> wrote:

> We are using BIOS+ME region with the help of vendor tool.
>
> From Flashrom tool, we are looking for Save/Update the NVRAM BIOS setting region, If it is possible could you please help us to provide the command?
the actual settings are usually saved in NVRAM and not in the flash
chip so this is not in the scope of flashrom. you can find more
information regarding this for example on this page:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/bios/

besides the linux kernel module mentioned there, there is also a tool
named nvramtool that might be of use:
http://www.coreboot.org/Nvramtool

> What is layout file, how we can use it, is this solves our issue?
a layout file is a text file that tells flashrom where different
parts/regions/partitions should be, please read the documentation of
flashrom before asking further question regarding this.