[flashrom] NAND flash support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 20 20:21:15 CEST 2012

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:07:45 +0200
jana1972 at centrum.cz wrote:

> Is there NAND flash support available? Or is it a plan to add such support?
> By NAND I mean paralel NAND flash such as HY27US08121A  or similar ( used in Xbox360
> and other kind of boxes)

there is neither support already included, nor available as patches and
there are also no plans to support NAND flash in flashrom. flashrom
does currently support page sizes with a power of two only (fixing this
is at least on our todo list) and there is of course no code whatsoever
implementing the operations and protocols of NAND flash. there is a
lot of free code available in the Linux kernel that could be taken
(preferable by automatically transforming it), which would dramatically
reduce the effort, but someone would still need to do it :) we would
welcome anyone who tries to add support for NAND to flashrom, but we
wont work on this in the foreseeable future.

please explain what you would like to do exactly (which programmer,
which package(s) etc)?