[flashrom] IBM SurePOS 700 4800-783 support

Jason_Vannest at abercrombie.com Jason_Vannest at abercrombie.com
Wed Aug 15 14:56:34 CEST 2012

Sorry Stefan,

I've been busy and our test lab is being used to do a regression right now
so I've not had time to try and compile and test the patch you provided.

I do intend to do so, give me a little more time and I'll see what I can
do.

On the topic of IBM and help, I have been in discussion with IBM about the
firmware updates and they have been very adamant that we need to insure
that we update all the devices not just the BIOS itself.  From looking at
a handful of their update packages, I can see that they frequently include
updates for riser cards, service processors and possibly other devices
with the BIOS updates.  So before we implement something with flashrom we
would want to make sure we're not missing something that could later cause
us issues even if the issues are only that IBM is unhappy  because we
didn't follow their update procedures.

IBM's retail group is going through some changes since Toshiba acquired
them.  We'll need to wait and see what the new management is going to do,
maybe they will be more open to open source involvement.

Thanks.

Jason Vannest
Information Technology - Store Systems
Abercrombie & Fitch