[flashrom] Intel C602 support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 3 00:51:02 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:22:56 -0700
Greg Schardt <gschardt at ddn.com> wrote:

> 0x5C: 0x07ff0020 FREG2: WARNING: Management Engine region (0x00020000-0x007fffff) is locked.

Hello Greg,

as i briefly mentioned in my previous mail, locked regions are a bit
tricky and flashrom can not deal with them (i.e. unlock them). We are
working on understanding how to unlock them, but intel does not provide
us any documentation so please do not expect a solution soon.

Since the SMBIOS information indicates that your company is assembling
the firmware itself, maybe you could arrange that the ME region is not
locked? As far as we know this is not a problem in everyday operation
or for an update with flashrom (contrary to the scaring intel
documentation that tries to convince you from the opposite).