[flashrom] AT25DF161 found on the Intel Desktop Board DN2800MT (Marshalltown) not working

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 27 16:08:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:32:16 -0400
"Douglas Miller" <doug.miller at autani.com> wrote:

> FYI - THANKS!
>
> AT25DF161 found on the Intel Desktop Board DN2800MT (Marshalltown) not
> working.
>
> flashrom v0.9.5.2-r1523 on Linux 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE
> (i686), built with libpci 3.1.6, GCC 4.4.1 20090725 (Red Hat 4.4.1-2),
> little endian
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at
> http://www.flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OS timer resolution is 2 usecs, 619M loops per
> second, 10 myus = 11 us, 100 myus = 107 us, 1000 myus = 1002 us, 10000
> myus = 9989 us, 8 myus = 8 us, OK.
> Initializing internal programmer
> No coreboot table found.
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "                                "
> DMI string system-product-name: "                                "
> DMI string system-version: "                        "
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Intel Corporation"
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "DN2800MT"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "AAG23738-600"
> DMI string chassis-type: "Desktop"
> Found chipset "Intel NM10" with PCI ID 8086:27bc. Enabling flash
> write...
> […]
> BIOS Lock Enable: enabled, BIOS Write Enable: disabled, BIOS_CNTL is 0xe
> WARNING: Setting 0xdc from 0xe to 0xf on NM10 failed. New value is 0xe.
> Root Complex Register Block address = 0xfed1c000
> GCS = 0x61: BIOS Interface Lock-Down: enabled, Boot BIOS Straps: 0x0
> (reserved)
> […]
> SPI Read Configuration: invalid prefetching/caching settings, PROBLEMS,
> continuing anyway
> The following protocols are supported: SPI.
> […]
> Found Atmel flash chip "AT25DF161" (2048 kB, SPI).
> ===
> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE
> WRITE
> The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest
> development
> version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
> please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
> operations
> work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
> output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V,
> -Vr,
> -VE, -Vw), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.
> Please mention your board in the subject line. Thanks for your help!
> No operations were specified.
> Restoring MMIO space at 0xb7800070
> Restoring PCI config space for 00:1f:0 reg 0xdc

Hello Douglas,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as probing successfully and will commit
that later together with other small changes.
The board itself has a few wrong settings as discussed on IRC (IIRC :),
but the insurmountable problem for flashrom is the lock in BIOS_CNTL.
Therefore i have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards,
thanks.