[flashrom] LGPL

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 27 15:32:01 CEST 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:59:14 +0100
"Rolette, James (Jay)" <rolette at hp.com> wrote:

> > So, here is the deal, a deal that i think most people on this ml would
> > wholeheartedly agree with: if _you_ want LGPL, _you_ get to sollicite
> > all individual contributors.
>
> Fair enough.  A few questions on that:
>
> 1) I'm assuming there are is a small core of folks that form the heart of
> the project.  I'd like to start with them if possible because there is no
> point in going broader than that if the core developers don't agree.

FWIW, i dont care much about LGPL vs. GPL. ill follow the majority of
the core devs.

> Would someone be willing to provide a list of the "leaders"?  A quick look
> at the source shows a few names that show up a lot (Uwe, Carl-Daniel,
> Stefan, etc.), but always hard to tell without the benefit of having
> followed the project over time.

commit logs and https://www.ohloh.net/p/flashrom/contributors should
give you a good overview.

> 3) Is it ok to derive the list of approvers based on the copyright statement
> in the source files?
it's probably better to look at the signed-off lines of commit
messages, this would also give you the mail addresses....
the earliest commits dont have them though.