[flashrom] Fedora 8 cross compile flashrom failed

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:42:10 CEST 2012

CC'ing flashrom at flashrom.org, please use reply-to-all.

Op 25 april 2012 06:53 schreef 陳力綸 <chychen.chen at msa.hinet.net> het
volgende:

> Dear Sir:

Hello,

> ****
>
> ** **
>
>   I am s senior BIOS engineer,****
>
> ** **
>
>   I try cross compile the flashrom for DOS but it say can’t not fount
> pciutil header and can’t build.

May I ask why you are using DOS, as a target operating system, instead of
Linux?

See this page: http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads
You have to install, quote: "pciutils development package
(pciutils-dev/libpci-dev/pciutils-devel, depending on OS/distribution)"

> ****
>
> ** **
>
>   Can you give me some hinet about how to correct dot it?

Yes: you have to adjust/include the path(s) to i586-pc-msdosdjgpp-gcc and
the cross-compiled versions of libgetopt ( http://assembler.cz/flashrom/ )
and libpci.
I suggest that you study flashrom's Makefile, all the hints should be there.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
>   Thank you.****
>
> ** **