[flashrom] Ponprog2000 like hardware programmer with flashrom

Virgil-Adrian Teaca darkstarlinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:34:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

I try to make the flashrom works using an ponyprog2000 like hardware
programmer for SPI EEPROMs. My work add a simple serial programmer, called
"pony_spi" and still do not detect right the flash connected to programmer.
To note that a modified ponyprog2000 know to read the flash (an W25X40 from
an EEEPC701), even it not have right support for erase/write.

Details about that hardware:

http://www.lancos.com/siprogsch.html

Compared with the original programmer, my programmer have some changes:

1. There is support for 5 and 3.3 Vcc SPI EEPROMs.

2. CS# pin is not inverted, just limited to 5/3.3V.

3. MISO pin is inverted by an transistor, to translate MISO from 3.3 to 5V
levels.

All the best,
Virgil-Adrian Teaca.