[flashrom] asus maximus iv extreme Revision 3, BIOS 2302 , verbose log , not on the list

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Apr 15 17:12:43 CEST 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:40:40 +0100
Martin Suchanek <martin.suc at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have run sudo flashrom -r ./aaa.bin in intention to read flash from
> motherboard asus maximus iv extreme P67 R3
> http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_Extreme/#specifications.
> (32 Mb Flash ROM , EFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a
> Multi-Language BIOS )
> Motherboard BIOS is not listed on your list.

Hello Martin,

thanks for your report!

The problem is the locked ME region as quoted in the log. We are working
on unlocking it, but intel does not provide us any documentation so
please do not expect a solution soon.

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.