[flashrom] Are Firmware Hub flash chips in PLCC32 package hot-swappable?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Apr 15 15:33:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 05:26:13PM -0700, Svetoslav Trochev wrote:
> I have old board that uses i82802AB chip to store the BIOS. I found
> spare chip and I am planning to test flashrom and coreboot on it. I am
> still waiting for the adapter to the external programmer I have, so I
> was wondering if I can jump start my work by hot-swapping the chips
> when I kill the firmware with my testing.

Should work in theory, yes. But make sure the chips are really
(electrically) compatible and that you write a "good" image on your
second chip first and boot-test with the second chip successfully.
Then store the second chip away somewhere safe until you need it.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org
http://randomprojects.org | http://unmaintained-free-software.org