[flashrom] Yet another hardware port (My motherboard isn't supported yet but it should be?)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 14 20:18:16 CEST 2011

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:52:55 +0200
Florian Scholz <florian90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please have a look on this report, the MCP73 should?? be supported but
> it isn't as it seems.
>
> Florian
>
> Here is the flashrom -V report:
>
> flashrom v1.9.3-r1205 on Linux 3.1.0-rc4-git2 (i686), built with
> libpci 3.1.7, GCC 4.4.5, little endian
> […]
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP73", enabling flash write... chipset PCI ID
> is 10de:07d7, This chipset is not really supported yet. Guesswork...
> ISA/LPC bridge reg 0x8a contents: 0x40, bit 6 is 1, bit 5 is 0
> Flash bus type is SPI
> SPI on this chipset is WIP. Write is unsupported!
> Found SMBus device 10de:07d8 at 00:03:1
> MCP SPI BAR is at 0xfea80000
> Mapping NVIDIA MCP6x SPI at 0xfea80000, unaligned size 0x544.
> SPI control is 0xc012, req=0, gnt=0
> Please send the output of "flashrom -V" to flashrom at flashrom.org with
> your board name: flashrom -V as the subject to help us finish support for your
> chipset. Thanks.

Hello Florian!

Please upgrade to 0.9.4 (or later) and report back. It will still warn
you, but i think it should actually work. Of course the mainboard might
need a hack too, but you will be notified of that separately (if
writing fails at address 0 and the content of the flash remains
unchanged) and we will implement it then.