[flashrom] flashrom ERASE FAILED

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 12 21:31:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:33:43 -0700
Rohit Vijapure <dbnk83 at motorola.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan
>
> Many thanks for your prompt reply. The -m option worked just fine for me. I
> will test it locally on couple of machine today. flashrom utility is
> awesome. Kudos to you and the team.
> Here is the output of the commands.
> […]

hello again and thanks for the logs

from the lspci output it looks like ibase has mainly reused intel's IDs
for subsystems. we refrain from using those for identification because
they are very generic and do not identify boards uniquely enough. we
could match on some of those plus the firewire or marvell GbE
controller, but those could be turned off or may not be on all versions
of the board.

we normally fall back to identify the boards via DMI strings when PCI
IDs are not enough...
> DMI string system-manufacturer: " "
> DMI string system-product-name: " "
> DMI string system-version: " "
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: " "
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "945GM"
> DMI string baseboard-version: " "

does not look very good either... that's probably the reason why
autodetection is disabled. please continue to use the -m option, thanks.