[flashrom] flashrom ERASE FAILED

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Sep 11 22:04:02 CEST 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:10:47 -0700
Rohit Vijapure <dbnk83 at motorola.com> wrote:

> I am trying to mass update the BIOS on MB899 Intel ® CoreTM 2 Duo/CoreTM
> Duo/ Solo 945GM Mini-ITX Motherboard. I did compile the flashrom by
> following two modifications as I was getting errors for the global
> declaration .
>
> *Compilation errors*
> programmer.h:567: warning: declaration of 'programmer' shadows a global
> declaration
>
> board_enable.c: In function 'nvidia_mcp_gpio_set':
> board_enable.c:892: error: too few arguments to function 'pci_get_dev'
>
> *Compilation success with following changes.*
> *1. Makefile*
> CFLAGS  ?= -Os -Wall
> #CFLAGS  ?= -Os -Wall -Wshadow
>
> *2. board_enable.c*
>     dev = pci_get_dev(pacc, dev->domain, dev->bus, dev->dev, 1);
> /*    dev = pci_get_dev(pacc, dev->bus, dev->dev, 1);*/

hello!

hm. you are using the 0.9.4 snapshot without any modifications (apart
from those above) and gcc 4.0.2, right?

> Flash image he76.052008 was taken from another machine with proper BIOS
> using "flashrom -r he76.052008" command.

this board is supported, but needs the following command line arguments
to work:
flashrom -p internal:boardenable=force -m IBASE:MB899 -w <file>

i am not sure why the autodetection is kinda disabled for this board.
if you could mail us the output of flashrom -V and lspci -xxnnvvv we
might be able to fix this.