[flashrom] Flashrom failed on Axiomtek eBOX620-823 embedded computer

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 8 23:13:14 CEST 2011

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:33:10 -0400
Kenneth Frost <kfrost at OEMCONTROLS.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I was able to download the latest version of flashrom(
> flashrom-0.9.4-r1398 ), compile it and restore the original bios that I
> saved before attempting to do the write.
>
> The funny thing was that I had to run the original flashrom-0.9.3-r1205
> with the write option which resulted in a failure and then run the
> latest version of flashrom which resulted in a good write.   It almost
> seems the earlier version leaves some control register in a state that
> the newer version of flashrom can deal with.

good. verbose logs of those tries would be very interesting to see i
think. just to be sure: writing the backup with 0.9.4 was unsuccessful
without running 0.9.3 previously with just the same options?
maybe running 0.9.3 twice would have resulted in the same behavior.
i can't comment further on this one.
if someone reverse engineers the bios, the output of lspci -xxnnvvv
would help us to create a matching board enable.