[flashrom] Asus Crosshair II Formula

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 6 00:07:00 CEST 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 13:47:57 -0500
"Leslie Rhorer" <lrhorer at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> I have an Asus Crosshair II Formula motherboard that I need to flash in
> order to support a 6 core AMD processor.  I'm running Debian "Squeeze"
> Linux.  Here is the output from flashrom:
>

> flashrom v0.9.2-r1141 on Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (x86_64), built with libpci

hello leslie!

i cant guarantee that the current stable (0.9.4) or current
subversion HEAD will work with your board (because it was not tested
yet), but if you want to try it, please update first (it will still
print the guesswork warning though). testing if read works and produces
something that looks like a valid bios image (in a hex editor), is a
good start... writing may fail due to write protections, but that would
need to be investigated then.