[flashrom] CMOS checksum bad (was: ASUS P5L-VM-1394 (V-P5945G))

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 22 10:10:58 CEST 2011

Dear Chris,

Am Samstag, den 22.10.2011, 08:08 +0100 schrieb Chris:
> Now When I boot the new splash screen appears, but I get the error "CMOS
> checksum bad, Press f1 f2 etc."

if I am correct, the update probably changed some settings of your BIOS
and therefore the checksum of these setting does not match the one saved
by the BIOS before.

Just hit F1 or F2 when booting to enter the BIOS menu and load the
default settings and save that. The checksum should be rewritten now and
hopefully the error will be gone.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: By the way, are you subscribed to the list? Then putting you in CC
in the future will not be necessary. Using Thunderbird you should have a
reply to list feature you can use [1].

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette