[flashrom] Problem with coreboot and flashrom

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Mon Oct 10 19:30:44 CEST 2011

Op 10-10-2011 17:57, Николай Пономарев schreef:
> I was flashed bios with coreboot and after that network card, usb,
> video card not working. flashrom not working too, it start flash bios
> and stop at probing chip. Can anybody help me?
> Mother board: http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/mb/ga-ma78gm-s2h_11

You're likely best off flashing back to vendor BIOS and/or replacing the
BIOS flash chip (eeprom) by another one containing the motherboard
manufacturer's BIOS.
Alternatively a 2nd machine might help in performing a so-called hotswap.

I've got no usage experience with CoreBoot (only reading their
mailinglist archives), don't know if your board is supported at all (and
if not, hopefully you've got a BIOS backup chip), and you're likely best
off asking the Coreboot mailing list.

Flashrom can often write Coreboot firmware, but also motherboard vendor
firmware (bios/uefi). That might be one of the reasons that it's not
that related/integrated to the Coreboot project anymore as it once was.

Goodluck unbricking your BIOS. Some experimenting inside of QEMU might
work, pity there's no ready-to-run 'coreboot-linux' harddisk image file
(or virtual machine) available for download, to run directly under QEMU.