[flashrom] Results of -rV on an Asus A8V-E SE running Asus Bios 001

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 6 23:14:22 CEST 2011

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:16:19 -0400
David Pascoe-Deslauriers <dpascoed at csiuo.com> wrote:

> flashrom v0.9.1-r946

hello david and thanks for your report. the version you have used is 2
years old and your mainboard as well as the flash chip was already
reported to be fully supported with newer versions.

also, please do not post any bios images to the mailing list again.
they potentially contain copyrighted material (the instructions
themselves) and neither you nor we are allowed to distribute it, which
could theoretically get us in legal trouble.
we usually do not need them and they are usually available on the web
somewhere anyway (e.g. vendor website). posting a link to it is of
course allowed and appreciated. thanks again!