[flashrom] Fujitsu Esprimo P9900 (locked ME region)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 4 19:58:20 CEST 2011

hi there

regarding your question on IRC and this log:
http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=840

your board (vendor) has locked a region of the flash, which we can not
unlock. intel does not provide the necessary information to us, but
only hardware vendors and bios programmers.
can you please elaborate what you want to accomplish exactly? if the
Management Engine region is not important to you, i have a few patches
that would allow you to read the other regions.

you can read a bit about the problem here:
http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2011/08/17/gsoc-2011-flashrom-part-5-–-dear-intel/
and on our email archive: http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/

please note that this mail is also addressed to our mailing list, and
your reply will (probably) also be sent there.