[flashrom] flashrom log

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 1 00:16:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:27:48 +0200
cjt2007 <cjt2007 at eisenbroiler.de> wrote:

> Hi flashrom people,
>
> I tried to use your tool for the ASUS M2N-MX board but failed to upgrade. Please
> find the verbose output attached. I hope this helps to improve your great tool.
>
> Thank you and best regards
> Christoph

hello christoph,

as your log shows, the write protection pin of the flash chip is
enabled. to turn that off we need to add a small routine that tells the
southbridge (probably) to raise a pin. it might be necessary to reverse
engineer this routine from the existing BIOS, so please be patient.
please also provide a log of lspci -nn and lspci -xxnnvvv.

can you confirm that W39V040C is the flash chip on your board?