[flashrom] ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 board support

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Tue Nov 15 19:53:40 CET 2011

Hi! I'm new to this list so I'll start by introducing myself a bit: I'm
a french student involved in free software: I use GNU/Linux distros on
all my PCs, mostly with the fully free Trisquel distro and I'm also a
developer (I know C quite well) mostly involved in the Replicant project
(fully free Android derivate) as a hacker (lower-level stuff).

The lead dev on the project (GNUtoo) decided to look at how doable it is
to port his board to coreboot, so I decided to follow his lead and look
at which of the motherboards I own would be the best one for coreboot. I
have 2 boards that might be good candidates, ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2
(which has a socketed PLCC32 chip) and Asus P5LP-LE (Lithium) with a
soldered PLCC32 chip. Both boards have supported North/Southbridge and
SuperIO already supported in coreboot.

I decided to start the work on the ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 one and got
a few needed things from the local electronics shop. Then I started to
run flashrom on it. So far, I've been able to read the content of the
PLCC chip with flashrom
(http://download.paulk.fr/coreboot/conroe-xfire-esata2.bin) but it
failed at write.

All the logs and necessary informations should be attached to this
mail.

What are the next steps for me to have working write on flashrom with
that board?
--
Paul Kocialkowski

* Website       : http://www.paulk.fr/