[flashrom] PMC Flash Pm29F002T-90PC - Write OK

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 7 20:21:45 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:24:17 -0200
Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello <marcosfrm at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was tested in an Asus TUV4X (the original flash is a Winbond W49F002U-12B).
>
> Unfortunately this board uses the infamous AS99127F:
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2010-February/002339.html
>
> After "modprobe i2c-dev; i2cset 0 0x48 0x80 0x80" flashrom works
> normally and update both chips without problems.
> (didn't need to unload w83781d because I don't have lm-sensors installed here)
>
> Log attached.

Hello Marcos,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes. I won't touch anything else till
someone answers my previous question(s) regarding the VIA chipset
enables.

Also, i have no idea about the needed i2c integration or if
any progress have been made so far. The TUV4X should probably be added
to our list with an appropriate note. Also, the A7V133 is already on the
list although it probably does not work out of the box either(?)