[flashrom] Intel SandyBridge serie 6 chipsets support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 31 09:36:34 CEST 2011

On Mon, 30 May 2011 17:42:36 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> > Aber mein Problem ist vor diesen Sachen. « chipset_flash_enable » findet
> > nicht das PCH:
> >         « This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI. WARNING:
> > No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail. »
> >
> > und das PCH device_id (Vendor ID:0x8086, Device ID:0x244e ) existiert
> > nicht in das «chipset_enables » stuct. ( mein PCH heisst Patsburg oder
> > C200 chipset ).

hello again amine,

i have looked into that again and i think you have added the wrong pci
id. according to the current pciid list 0x244e is the pci bridge and
not the lpc controller. in that case it cant work of course. if you
could provide a full lspci -nn log, we could determine the correct id.
i think it should be something between 0x1c40 and 0x1c5f depending on
your exact chipset (revision).

that wont help if your board locks down certain regions, but it would be
valuable to us to know if enable_flash_ich10 still works for sandy
bridge.