[flashrom] Intel SandyBridge serie 6 chipsets support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 27 19:23:27 CEST 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 14:58:57 +0200
Mohammed-Amine.Rebai at bull.net wrote:

> Dear Flahsrom representant,
hello!

> I am a Bios engineer at BULL, a major european server and supercomputer
> company «www.bull.com » .
>
> First of all, I would like to thank you for the great job you are doing,
> we use your utility a lot.
nice to hear that, thank you. is it offered to your customers too?

> I would like to know if you are planning to support the Bios SPI flash
> flashing on the Intel SandyBridge architecture, especially the  Intel 6
> series chipset/C200/Patsburg platform controller hub?

the spi interface of the 6 series chipset is very similar to the
previous ones and as long as there is no locking in place (i am talking
about PR0-PR4 and related "security" stuff) it may already work, have
you tried it?

in case of locking in place (that might be a requirement in nowadays
chipsets due to the requirement of using the ME) flashrom would not
work yet. i am working on this problem within the scope of my google
summer of code project which should be completed by the end of summer.
dont hold your breath though please ;)