[flashrom] Winbond W25Q128 - in Intel ICH10

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat May 21 12:55:00 CEST 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:08:58 -0700
Rheneus <rheneus.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't go thru data sheet, I have have just inserted the size and the enum
> as in the added patch w25Q128.patch.

hello!

sorry for the long response time.
i have reviewed the patch you supplied and it seems to be correct and
consistent with the data sheet.
it does no longer apply to the current version of the source but i have
applied it manually. if possible please provide a signed-off line as
described at
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure
so that i can formally accept the patch and commit it to our source
repository, thanks!

> The verbose output of read is attached in flashrom_notworking.txt.
it is not clear to me what went wrong there.
the enabling of your chipset works.
it is not locked down and all regions are in read/write mode.
you are using the latest stable version which is a bit old already and
maybe that's the culprit. could you please try a current version from
the source repository as described at http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads
and reply with the output of './flashrom -VVr testfile.rom'?
we have also added more detailed error messages which may help to debug
this problem in case it is not solved already.