[flashrom] Set DST bit in RTC clock?

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Tue May 17 11:24:34 CEST 2011

--- Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder at gmail.com> wrote

> Which ignores this bit as well (and uses Configuration
> Burial Site, otherwise known as registry).

unfortunately not in this case: It stores time zone information and other related stuff in the registry, but if Windows (more precise: Windows XP)
thinks that the RTC clock has been adjusted to DST does not depend on the
registry (nor any other place else in the file system) and if Windows gets
this wrong it will change the RTC time (even if the setting that is
supposed to control if the time should be adjusted for DST is turned off!).

I could not find definite information about this issue anywhere and unless
I find a way to access this bit from Linux I will never know for sure, but the RTC area of the NVRAM is pretty much the only possibility left (and at
least Google found some hints of other people who suspects that some
Windows versions uses the RTC bit for this).

Why I need this is a long story but it is actually a pretty serious
problem for me. So: If anybody knows anything about this (if nothing else,
then whom else to ask; since nvramtool "almost" does what I need, this
list seems to be the only promising place) I would be very grateful ...

Regards,
                      Peter