[flashrom] Set DST bit in RTC clock?

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Sun May 15 10:37:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

this is admittedly a little off-topic but I with all the BIOS-experts here,
I hope there might be somebody who knows about this:

Is there any way to modify the daylight savings time bit (see
http://www.plasma-online.de/textual/download/misc/cmos_registers.html)
of the "realtime" clock of a i386 machine running linux?

"nvramtool" won't touch the 1st 14 bytes of the CMOS. I tried changing
"hwclock" but this uses the kernel rtc driver which obviously also does
not allow to change the DST setting.

(This is of course useless for Linux - I need it in connection with
problems involving some well-known system from Redmond ...)

Any ideas?
Regards,
                              Peter