[flashrom] Success report MX25L4005 and BusPirate

rzavaleta at fibertel.com.ar rzavaleta at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Mar 28 03:43:20 CEST 2011

Team,
           I have successfully programmed the Macronix MX25L4005 chip, and all operations (detect, read, write, erase) worked OK. I used a version of flashrom published in Dangerous Prototypes' Bus Pirate forum. Results consistent after several runs / tries.

flashrom v0.9.2-r1182 on unknown machine, built with GCC 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3), little endian
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Please find attached the log files.

Congratulations on flashrom development, and thanks for BusPirate / windwos port !

I think it would be really helpful to have instructions on how to build newer / later revisions, like 0.9.3, on mingw. I made several tries, selecting various build options, but nothing ever compiled.

Regards,

Ing. Ricardo Luis Zavaleta