[flashrom] Getting Started With Coreboot

Schenk, John joschenk at uncc.edu
Thu Mar 24 22:22:44 CET 2011

To whom it may concern:

If the motherboard or main board is not seen in the list of tested or supported boards does this suggest that Flashrom may not work?  If no, is it possible I could exchange emails with you for help in attempting to Flash Coreboot on this main board Bios chip?  If not Coreboot, I would still like to learn how to use Flashrom, if I could.  I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on a on an older 2007 gateway laptop together with an Xp Windows platform.  After viewing your helpful video I agree that removing the existing non trustable Bios makes clear sense, and the sooner the better.  Yes, I do program in C.  Final comment, Coreboot should be in all microprocessor based devices from the get go.

God Bless!

John