[flashrom] FIXMEs

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 4 20:21:22 CET 2011

Hi,

you may have noticed that many of my recent patches added FIXME comments
to existing and new code. My goals related to those FIXMEs are threefold:
- Give others a chance to grep for FIXME if they don't know what to
contribute.
- Mark places which either need bugfixes, design changes or which make
assumptions which are not guaranteed to be valid in the future.
- Provide hints for people refactoring code related to the snippet with
FIXME.

While I could probably fix most of the places instead of adding FIXMEs,
my patches would grow to an unmanageable and unreviewable size. If you
spot some problem and think fixing it is not super urgent, feel free to
add a FIXME yourself.

What do you think? Should I stop adding FIXMEs or are they valuable hints?

http://www.hailfinger.org/