[flashrom] Intel MBD question - ATT: Stefan Tauner

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 24 18:37:02 CEST 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:29:09 +0200
Ian Whitfield <whitfield at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> *Thanks Stefan*
>
> I appreciate all your help!!
>
> However - jumping directly to your last paragraph I must say I'm VERY
> unsure about doing this so think I should follow your recommendations.
>
> You say .. /"Use the tools from Intel"/. Thats fine I would like to try
> this and understand your reluctence to continue "prompting" me along.
>
> Just one last thing - can you point me in the right direction to get
> details on these 'Intel Tools'. I did look on their WebSite but failed
> to find any help there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

i was referring to iflash and the express bios thingy intel ships with
the bios update:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3246&DwnldID=20070&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+4+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Desktop+Board+DG41WV&OSFullname=OS+Independent&lang=eng

iflash is to be used in dos so you don't need windows at least.
if you think intel should change their policy to focus on windows users
please nag them. :)