[flashrom] Intel MBD question

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Mon Jun 20 13:05:24 CEST 2011

Hi

I have recently built a new Computer with an Intel DG41WV MBD. This has
an 82G41 BIOS chip and a GMA X4500 video chip. My Operating System is
Linux Mint 10 KDE.

I have problems with the screen display not refreshing correctly leaving
part of the old screen still showing. Forcing a refresh by moving the
window off screen and back again cures this.

Therefore I am wanting to update the BIOS to see if this will correct
the problem. From recommendations on the Ubuntu Form it has been
recommended that I use Flashrom to do this. However I can find no
reference to either this Intel MBD or the Chipsets on your site.

Can you please advise me on whether these are supported with Flashrom
and if necessary recommend the correct method to do this.

Thanks a lot.
--
*/_Ian Whitfield_/*/
*Pretoria, South Africa*

/(No trees were harmed in the production of this message, however
a large number of re-cycled electrons were temporarily inconvenienced) ////