[flashrom] Fwd: Intel 82557 Ethernet Pro 100 w/ Fujitsu 29F040-70 chip [revised]

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 16 14:07:15 CEST 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:41:13 -0600
Daniel Fussell <dlf29 at et.byu.edu> wrote:

> Just realized I forgot to include the requested command outputs.  Dough!

flashrom is missing support for this chip.

the datasheet can be found for example here:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/179362/SPANSION/MBM29F040C-70.html
flashrom reads out the correct ids for vendor (0x04) and chip (0xa4)
with the function probe_jedec_common as seen in your log.
there is already a define for the chip in flashchips.h:
FUJITSU_MBM29F040C

after adding the needed data to flashchips.c it will probably work. you
can try copying a similar chip and change it where necessary. patches
are welcome of course ;)

> For all
> I know, the chip is fried.
why do you think that?