[flashrom] Voltage & form-factor spreadsheet

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jun 4 01:10:34 CEST 2011

Am 04.06.2011 00:40 schrieb Peter Stuge:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> I had asked Steven to use decivolt precision to avoid wasting lots of
>> space.
>>
> Oh dear.

Oh well. I hope he's not disappointed by having had to change this twice.

>> Did some magic chips appear which require millivolt precision?
>>
> One chip specs voltage with .05 V precision. It's a good idea to use
> SI standard units. It's a bad idea to use anything else. uint_16t
> also fits well for the so far only user of this information; the USB
> flashing protocol Stefan and I have worked on.

We'll see how it works out. I don't think a conversion to decivolts of
already checked in code makes sense now, and I'd say we close this issue
until we have serious problems with the size of the flashchip support
table. My constification patch provided a 99% reduction for the .data
section, so the immediate effect of a flashchip array shrink would only
hit .rodata which is less of an issue.

http://www.hailfinger.org/