[flashrom] SST25VF010A-33-4C-SAE supported?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 2 23:00:26 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 22:44:45 +0200
David Kiers <dk at telcosystems.net> wrote:

> I compiled and installed v.0.9.3-r1322 and still get the same "Generic unknown SPI chip (RDID)" message.
can you please paste a full verbose log i.e. the output of "flashrom
-V" at http://paste.flashrom.org/ and mail us the resulting url?

> In the flashchips.c file I can only locate the SST25VF010.REMS chip, should this cover my SST25VF010A?
i have to confess that i missed the 'A' in the subject, but usually A
versions just replace their predecessors and are (mostly) compatible.

> Does flashrom check for a Device ID (for the SST25VF010A it is 49H)?
yes, see flashchips.h:
#define SST_SST25VF010_REMS	0x49	/* REMS or RES opcode */
and as the name suggests it uses the probe_spi_rems function to read
that. i have not looked at the A datasheet yet... lets take a look at
your log first.