[flashrom] FAILED update new bios but OK to flash OLD bios - P5N-E SLI

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 22 11:30:41 CEST 2011

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:38:45 +0200
Joël Obrecht <joel.obrecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
> I'm sorry I looked a bit around but I guess I need some more explanations
> for using / installing that patch. May I have to replace the data in source
> files ? Where ?
> Anyway, I tried again with last svn, failed again, I joined the verbose
> output.
> Joël

hello joël!

i am not entirely sure how your building process works, but you
basically need to apply joshua's patch on top of a current source
snapshot before compiling it.

lets say you have the source in your current working directory.
you can then fetch and apply the patch by:

wget http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2125/raw/ -O p5ne.patch
patch < p5ne.patch

after that you have to recompile it. it should print something like
"Disabling flash write protection for P5N-E" when run then.
it is possible that it does not work yet. please dont reboot if
flashrom tells you that and report back (you can get even faster
reponses on IRC, if that's an issue btw).