[flashrom] Report: Winbond W39V080FA -- success, mostly

Michael Sternberg sternberg at anl.gov
Sun Jul 17 03:44:40 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Jul 16, 2011, at 20:24 , Stefan Tauner wrote:
> since none failed with the newer version, i think it is safe to declare
> it as working until further notice.

OK.

>> 0.9.1 SUCCESS LOG
> wow, that's ancient! :)

Well, that's what I started with in the flashing business :-)

>> DMI string system-manufacturer: "Supermicro"
>> DMI string system-product-name: "X7DBT"
>> DMI string system-version: "0123456789"
>> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Supermicro"
>> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "X7DBT"
>> DMI string baseboard-version: "PCB Version"
>> DMI string chassis-type: "Other"
>> Found chipset "Intel 631xESB/632xESB/3100", enabling flash write... chipset PCI ID is 8086:2670,
>
> i would like to mark your board as supported. the dmi data indicates
> that is a this board:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000P/X7DBT.cfm
> there are similar boards which may have the same signature, especially
> this one:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000P/X7DBT-INF.cfm
>
> can you please state the exact model of the board(s) you have tested?

Yes - I actually used the X7DBT-INF variant, which has a Mellanox MT25204AD-FCC-D chip on-board. This InfiniBand chip is evidently outside the purview of the BIOS.  There is just one manual for {X7DBT,X7DGT}{,-INF}. The BIOS reports just the base variant (as shown), and is the same for these four boards.

	http://www.supermicro.com/support/bios/		"7DBT"
	http://www.supermicro.com/support/manuals/index.cfm

	"The X7DBT/X7DBT-INF supports the 5000P Chipset, and the X7DGT/X7DGT-INF supports the 5000X chipset"

>> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: WRITE
>
> i have marked it as fully tested now.

OK.

With best regards,
Michael