[flashrom] Additional voltages

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 11 10:16:38 CEST 2011

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:37:27 -0400
Steven Zakulec <spzakulec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a new version rebased on r1368, with no extraneous changes.

ok that's fixed, thank you. sorry for being so picky, but i noticed
that the phrasing in your comments for identical features changes a lot.

for the high voltage mode we have:
/* 12 V fast program mode */
/* 5.0V +-10% read, 12V fast program & erase- +-5% standard, +-10% option */
(that dash should be a comma above btw?)
/* Also offers a 12V fast program */
/* Also has 12V fast program & erase */

and for the ranges that are different in one speed grade we have:
/* x speed is +-5%, all others +-10% */
* x speed is 3.0-3.6V, others 2.7-3.6V */
/* 3.0-3.6V (x), 2.7-3.6V for others */

and for datasheets that define two ranges without giving any indication
how to the chips can be distinguished we have:
/* Datasheet says 2.5-3.6 V or 2.7-3.6 V */
/* Datasheet says there's a 2.3-3.6V & 2.7-3.6V model */
/* Datasheet says some are only 4.75-5.25 V */ (not sure if this is a speed grade case or belongs in this section)

it would be good if those are unified so that it is easier to find them
later, for example when we have a new feature flag or field that
indicates a property directly in code instead of comments.
the exact phrasing is not important as long as it is understandable for
developers, but they should be equal (apart from the concrete values).
this of course applies to past and future changes too.