[flashrom] Supermicro X9SCA-F with Intel C204 chipset

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 10 01:26:42 CET 2011

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 06:26:10 +0100
Michael Fuckner <michael at fuckner.net> wrote:

> 0x5C: 0x03ff0030 (FREG2: Management Engine)
> 0x00030000-0x003fffff is locked

Hello Michael,

thanks for your report!

The problem is the locked ME region as quoted above. We are working on
unlocking it, but intel does not provide us any documentation so please
do not expect a solution soon.

We had another report regarding the X9SCL, so probably none of
Supermicro's X9(SC?) series will work at the moment.

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.