[flashrom] "Intel H61" with PCI ID 8086:1c5c. including a verbose (-V) log

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 10 01:21:35 CET 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:33:57 -0200
Fabio <fabio.capoeira at bol.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Das Board ist ein MSI h61mu-e35 (b3)
>
> writing hab ich schiss es zu verschroten, ist nagelneu und brauche auch
> bis jetzt kein bios-update (obwohl neueres bios released).
>
> reading habe ich gerade probiert:
>
> ----------
> [studio at myhost ~]$ sudo flashrom -r ~/temp/flashread
> flashrom v0.9.4-r1395 on Linux 3.0-rt (i686), built with libpci 3.1.8,
> GCC 4.6.2, little endian flashrom is free software, get the source code
> at http://www.flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> sh: dmidecode: comando não encontrado
> dmidecode execution unsuccessful - continuing without DMI info
> Found chipset "Intel H61".
> This chipset is marked as untested. If you are using an up-to-date
> version of flashrom please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org
> including a verbose (-V) log. Thank you!
> Enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: FWH, SPI.
> Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q32" (4096 kB, SPI) at physical address
> 0xffc00000. Reading flash... done.

hello again,

please keep messages to the list in english so that everyone can read
them. it is ok and wise to not write to chips holding the firmware if
you do not have a fallback - no matter which software you are using.
if you are brave sometime in the future we would appreciate another
report (or rant ;)