[flashrom] Supermicro X8DTE-F

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 10 01:06:01 CET 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:34:26 +0100
Michael Fuckner <fuckner at deltacomputer.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a lot of supermicro boards/ systems at hand and I first tried it
> this morning and it worked with X8DTE-F, so it will most likely also
> work with X8DT6 (same bios file). Do you also need flashrom -V or -z?
>
> I hope I have some time to test other boards available.

Hello Michael,

thanks for your report!
I have added the board to our list of supported boards and will commit
that later together with other small changes.
Boards using the same update file will most probably work yes, but we
do only add boards that were tested specifically.
Next time a verbose (-V) log would be appreciated, but it is not really
necessary. -z is never needed for such reports, we just use it
internally when generating wiki pages (it is not compiled in by default
btw). Looking forward to see more reports, but don't waste your time by
doing BIOS updates just to test flashrom. There are probably better
ways to help us. (It is very much appreciated though!)