[flashrom] flashrom on PowerPC

Andrew Morgan ziltro at ziltro.com
Fri Aug 26 02:24:45 CEST 2011

On 25/08/11 23:56, Uwe Hermann wrote:

>> The PPC patch itself needs more work:
>> - We need to match the chipset/machine somehow to avoid disasters on
>> untested machines. While that may not be 100% required, I'm wary of
>> bricked machines on an architecture I don't own.
>> - A chipset match where buses_supported = BUS_PARALLEL is set.
>> - A chipset match where you check if the flash chip is accessible...
>> comparing lspci --xxx between flash enabled and flash disabled boots
>> might shed some light on this. Then again, maybe that setting isn't
>> visible in PCI space and such a check is futile.
>> - Side note: Not your fault, but we really need a way for a chipset
>> enable function to tell internal_init that it should return an error.
>> Maybe a special return code for a chipset enable?
> Mattias, can you take a look at the issues above? Is it possible to do
> such chipset matches etc.?
As I have a PowerPC Mac I thought I'd run 'sudo lspci -vvvnnxxx' on it
with the flash enabled and disabled (hold power button for a few seconds
until it beeps to enable flash on this machine). Results attached, along
with the contents of /proc/cpuinfo, which looks to me like a pretty good
match for the machine type.

--

Andrew.