[flashrom] MSI H55-GD65 (MS-7637) (H55, locked ME region, FLOCKDN=0(!))

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sun Aug 21 20:24:40 CEST 2011

Op 21-8-2011 3:40, Donovan Lavinder schreef:

> to use Linux Live CD mentioned in flashrom download page, as FreeDOS
> have managed to brick all of the firmware image I have been trying to
> flash. Fed up, I went to get the live CD, it works now. I used
> SystemRescueCd distro (you need to figure out how to mount the hard
> drive or jump drive to be able to have flashrom to download the firmware
> ROM - for example: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/disk0 ), so far, this distro is
> quite nice to have!

I thought ramdisks make fine temporary storage? No need to mount
harddisk then. It seems a bit strange to claim FreeDOS (or
DJGPP-compiled flashrom) ruined your flash image. I guess file hashes
would give a definitive answer to what's the issue.

I have to admit though that sometimes that FreeDOS kernel has had some
FAT-related issues, no guarantee they're all solved.

goodluck with CoreBoot as well! So far the Asrock E350 board seems best
to experiment with, though I'd like the fanless/passive Asus E350 board
instead.