[flashrom] MSI H55-GD65 (MS-7637) (H55, locked ME region, FLOCKDN=0(!))

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 19 05:38:02 CEST 2011

hi there

i have read the log on IRC. thanks for your report!

ICH/PCH boards are problematic due to their locks which can't be
unlocked by flashrom (yet). please see my mails and blog posts of the
last months for details.

that said, your board is a bit special because although it has a locked
(and a r/o) region, these locks are not locked (as indicated by
FLOCKDN=0. if that sounds a bit complicated then you got it ;). this
means that we could (try to) just set the correct access rights
(something which is usually impossible due to the lock down). OTOH we
had also reports in the past where the access rights SEEMED to be
correct, but accessing the flash failed nonetheless. this is still a bit
of too much guesswork... blame intel, sorry :)

i will put a "set PR* to read/write if FLOCKDN==0" on my todo list and
will inform you about its progress.