[flashrom] Initial version of autotools support for Flashrom

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 14 12:35:18 CEST 2011

Am 14.08.2011 09:58 schrieb Peter Lemenkov:
> 2011/8/14 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> thanks for your patch.
>> I think your code looks clean.
>> It does not work, though:
>>
> Yes, I forgot to add bootstrap script, which regenerates all necessary
> files. You may invoke the following sequence of commands or simply run
> autoreconf -ivf :
>
> aclocal --force
> autoconf --force
> autoheader --force
> automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing

Thanks, it seems to work now.

Cosmetic comment:
configure is awfully verbose by default, though. Is it possible to
silence it without specifying -q manually? We don't want to flood users
with useless messages.
Bug:
configure checks for the presence of MacOSX/SunOS headers under Linux.

Does this work on the oldest supported RHEL and the oldest supported
SLES (SLES 8)? We have users on those platforms, and at least SLES 8
still has a 2.4 kernel.

http://www.hailfinger.org/