[flashrom] flashrom on PowerPC

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Aug 14 05:46:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 02:50:38 +0200
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> - Side note: Not your fault, but we really need a way for a chipset
> enable function to tell internal_init that it should return an error.
> Maybe a special return code for a chipset enable?

the infrastructure is all there and the call stacks for all board
enables has internal_init as ancestor, so using a return value to
communicate makes sense yes...
the handling of return codes in chipset_flash_enable is already quite
convoluted and should be better standardized before. which brings
back some memories of that thing name libflashrom... ;)